Weather Update & Kid Route Cancellation

The Grindleford Goat Logo Right Facing

The forecast for Sunday’s ride is looking pretty grim unfortunately. A few people have contacted us to ask whether we will reschedule the event. We met last night to revise our risk assessment and discuss this possibility. Though the forecast is not good we don’t feel that it warrants canceling the event. However, there is no denying it will be wet and windy, so we would encourage you to dress and ride accordingly.

If you’re signed up to ride the Billy route (108km) then you are more than welcome to change to the Nanny (which is 54km). Both rides start at the same time, from the same place, and use the same feed station at Monyash, it will simply mean that you are out on the road for less time. We will have hot tea and soup at the snack stop at Mam Nick if you do ride the Billy – all being well you’ll arrive there having been pushed up Mam Nick by a tail wind! We hope that you come out on Sunday and enjoy a tough ride in more challenging conditions than usual. As we are a charitable event we state in our FAQ that we can’t offer refunds.  We really appreciate your support; the event raises money for the community shop and is run entirely by volunteers.

If you know anybody who was planning to ride the Kid route, the 8.5km family ride, then please advise them that it has been cancelled. Given the forecast, we have agreed that it’s not appropriate to send families with young kids up Sir William Hill, which is actually the most challenging hill of all three of the rides.

We hope you understand our decision and we look forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

The Goat Herders

Post Categories: Uncategorized