Parking Notes & Timings For Hill Climb
This post is intended for riders taking part in either the Sir William Hill Climb or the Kids Track Star event.
We hope the event is one everyone can enjoy; serious riders, casual cyclists, and children (track races)! Please check out our Facebook page for details for updates.
Parking instructions: Parking is extremely limited; please do try to come by train if you can. Grindleford station is only a 10 minute ride from the start of the Hill Climb, and this way you can enjoy a pint at the pub too. If you plan to drive, please park considerately, making sure you don’t block access points, pavements, or other vehicles. Please park along the left hand side of Grindleford station road here (please do not use the Station Café parking area on the right) or there is limited parking on the road in the village, and in the Sir William Hotel car park itself. If you come later, these are likely to be full already. Marshals will be there to help you.
Registration: On arrival please register a soon as possible in the Sir William Pub. For the kids grass track races register in the field opposite Mount Pleasant garage. If you registered online you will still need to complete our disclaimer form. Riders registering on the day will need to complete the registration and disclaimer form. All forms will be available on the night.
Warm up on Eyam New Road, it is closed at the top, so no traffic. Please do not warm up on the main road or the Sir William Hill.
And don’t forget to bring some money for our mini festival! Our cool event T-shirts adults and children’s sizes will be on sale as well as the BBQ and beer!
Our exhibitors: to be announced
Kids Track Star Timings: to be updated for 2019
- Kids grass track registration opens.
- First rider starts. Don’t forget: no helmet, no ride!
- Track registration closes.
- Last child rider starts.
- Track Stars Prize Giving at the Sir William Hotel. Join in with the festival and BBQ
Sir William Hill Climb Timings: to be updated for 2019
- Registration opens in the Sir William Hotel. Bar open, festival and BBQ fired up. Free access.
- First 16+ rider starts. Riders then set off at one-minute intervals. Don’t forget: no helmet, no ride!
- Registration closes
- Sir William Hill Climb finishes
- Hill Climb Prize Giving at the Sir William Hotel. Bike fair and BBQ close.
Thank you for entering and hope to see you again next year!
The Sir William Hill Climb team